LivingOS Team Principles
During our remote retreat, we talked about our vision and distilled the following principles from a month of work. Today I’d like to share some of our principles with you!
- We are a nonprofit. We started this business to change the world.
- We will devote time and attention to bring in positive social change.
- We invest in LivingOS from day one. We bring in revenue and invest all of them back to LivingOS University.
Long Term Strategy
- We create quality content that will stay relevant for the next 5–10 years.
- We help our users through awesome content, talk shows, podcasts, workshops, and coaching.
- We stand for ideas that allow people to fundamentally achieve their full potential and live happier for all ages.
- We take bold actions. We try new ideas even if we are unsure about the outcome.
- We lead through actions. We do the behaviors and attitudes we expect.
- We bring in the best people and let them do their things. We know you are capable of much more than you think you are.
- We have high expectations and will coach you to reach the higher version of yourself.
- We understand that great people start their dream companies. We will help you achieve this dream.
- We provide training and coaching to help you grow. You’re free to learn from us and then move on when you’re ready. We respect entrepreneurship.
- Build once, done forever.
- We approach undefined problems and solve them creatively. We will turn these learnings into SOP and share them across the team.
- We write memos and scale these best practices across the team.
- We always amplify each other’s work and would showcase great content in multiple forms.
- We live in a world where instant feedback is readily available. Try to get as much feedback from the audience in the early process.
- We interview users and run experiments to see what parts of the message resonate the most with users.
- We write down our initial hypotheses and test them with experiments. We double down on the successes and would immediately address the parts that fall flat.
- We create a safe space so people feel free of judgment and ego. We have your best interest and would give critical feedback to help you grow.
- We would rather overcommunicate than under-communicate.
- We seek to understand before being understood.
- We would share lots of comments on your work.
- We constantly bounce ideas off each other and coordinate on big projects.
- We listen to new ideas and proactively seek new feedback.
- We collaborate rather than compete.
- We value every one of us. None of us can make this vision happen alone.
We regularly update this list as we grow.